Nordic Paper Interim report January-March 2022
quarterly results january - march
- Net sales increased by 36% to SEK 1,052m (772). The Canadian operations that were acquired on 31 December 2021 contributed in the quarter with a net sales of SEK 73m.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 237m (134) corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 22.6% (17.4).
- Operating profit was SEK 202 (106), corresponding to an operating margin of 19.2% (13.8%).
- Net result for the period amounted to SEK 162m (81) and earnings per share was SEK 2.42 (1.21).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 53m (47).
- Return on operating profit was 20.5% (23.7).
- Sales volumes increased by 2% to 77 ktonnes (75) out of which 3 ktonnes was from the acquired operations in Canada.
|Δ, %||R 12 m||2021 Full year|
|Adjusted EBITDA 1||237||134||77||537||434|
|Adjusted EBITDA-margin, % 1||22.6||17.4||16.0||14.1|
|Adjusted operating profit 1, 2||202||106||90||412||316|
|Operating margin, %||19.2||13.8||9.0||6.8|
|Adjusted operating margin, % 1, 2||19.2||13.8||12.3||10.3|
|Profit for the period||162||81||100||225||144|
|Earnings per share, SEK||2.42||1.21||3.36||2.15|
|Cash flow from operating activities||53||47||13||444||408|
|Return on operating capital 12m, %||20.5||23.7||20.5||15.9|
|Net debt/EBITDA 12 m, ratio||2.8||1.7||2.8||3.7|
|Sales volume, ktonnes||77||75||2||282||281|
1 Full year 2021 and R 12 m adjusted for the SEK 76m provision that was made in Q2 2021 for remediation of buildings and land in Säffle
2 Full year 2021 and R 12 m adjusted for the SEK 32m write-down of the pulp production in Säffle that was made in Q4 2021
For further information, please contact:
Niclas Eriksson, CFO
Tel: +46 705 654 257
Henrik Essén, Head of Strategy and IR
Tel: +46 730 573 801
This is information that Nordic Holding AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 7.30am CEST on 28 April 2022.